EUSEW 2022: Enabling energy service companies: catalysts for European energy independence and decarbonisation
Energy Service Companies (ESCOs) are a proven tool to increase energy efficiency and decarbonize priority sectors for a sustainable energy transition which are key to achieving Europe’s energy independence. The session will discuss the needs of the ESCO industry, the existing enabling framework and emerging opportunities in Europe that are complemented by insights from global ESCO markets.
- Melanie Slade, Senior Programme Manager, Energy Efficiency in Emerging Economies at International Energy Agency
- Paolo Bertoldi, Senior Expert at the European Commission’s Joint Research Center
- Margot Pinault, Policy officer working on ESCOs at the Directorate-General for Energy, European Commission
- Cornelia Schenk, Energy Efficiency Policy Analyst, International Energy Agency
- Alex Geers, Members eu.esco, Director Business Development & Sustainability at Honeywell